Disney Channel has signed a multi-year deal with MultiChoice to bring the leading kids TV brand, Disney Channel, to subscribers across South and sub-Saharan Africa from September 2006. For the first time Disney Channel will be available to over 1.3 million MultiChoice DStv subscribers across the continent. Highlights of programming available to consumers in Africa for the first time on Disney Channel will be:
- Hugely popular live action series – That’s So Raven, The Suite Life of Zack & Cody and the brand new hit Hannah Montana.
- Disney Channel Original Movies including this year’s global hit and cultural phenomenon, High School Musical
- Contemporary animated series – hits like Kim Possible and American Dragon.
- Entertaining and educational pre school shows like Mickey
Mouse Clubhouse, Disney’s Little Einsteins and coming next year the
highly anticipated My Friends Tigger and Pooh.
- The very best of Disney Feature films for the family such as Lady and the Tramp and The Heffalump Movie.